Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Complaining makes me feel better

Warning! Read only if you want to know about old age.
OK, so I'm 81 and I think I should be feeling much better than I am. I have a pacemaker that my heart relies on 100 percent of the time. That's right it doesn't kick in when it's not pumping slow or too fast. Mine is my heart. Thank God I have it.
I also have the worse backaches making it tough to function properly. And, to add to it I have pockets in my entire colon that cause problems and a complete diet change. It happened recently - the pain was no fun so it sent me to the emergency room. And after a Cat Scan I was diagnosed with diverticulitis. After, I was put on 2 strong antibiotics and a low fiber diet. Yummy!
 I took the last pill today. Hurrah! Up until that point I couldn't function properly at all. And believe me I'm not ready to kick up my heels yet.
The only reason I'm telling all my friends about this is I know of a couple of women I volunteer with that are 91. One of them is not only a dedicated Saratoga Hospital Volunteer Guild member but also belongs to several clubs. And just recently she traveled (alone) to Florida to visit longtime friends. She says she thanks God everyday for being who she is and well she should. And you can bet your last dollar that I am so happy for both of them. However, I am a little envious. Only because I'd like to be like them.
I always thought I led a good life. I married young and raised two wonderful daughters and two wonderful sons in that order. All were born within 7 years. My husband and I will be married 62 years in November. And that's an accomplishment especially nowadays.
OK, I've spent enough time talking about my ailments and even though this blog is called "The Golden Years" it should be more positive.
I'll try better next time unless some other illness pops up. Oh, heavens I hope not my husband is likely to put me out of my misery.
Thanks for listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home