Thursday, February 27, 2014

My battle with bottle caps and jars

OK, what I really want to talk about is this darn winter weather we're having. But I promise I won't. I will interject, however, that no matter where I go people are sick of the cold weather. And, I am too.
But since this blog is called The Golden Years I have a right to complain. And my most recent complaint is one that I've been thinking about for awhile. I'll call it the battle of caps etc.
Like many older folks I have trouble opening bottles, prescription caps and so forth. The other day I was trying to open a new prescription bottle and to add to my grief a new spice cap wouldn't cooperate either. I even went so far as using one of those round rubber jar openers that usually work after banging on its top with the side of a knife first.
I even called the man of the house to help me and he even had trouble. I know the caps etc. are put on to protect children if they decide to get into one. But the youngest child I have is 53 and he doesn't even live with us.
I am a grandmother five times and the youngest one is nearly 30 and the five great-grandchildren are young enough but they all live so far away - which, of course, I dislike.
However, the youngest one who lives in Indianapolis is coming to visit this summer and another one - who is 3 and 1/2 is coming also all the way from Denver. I couldn't be happier.
And you can be sure I will put all the bottles out of sight and in a good hiding place.
In the meantime, will someone please tell me what I can do with a darn bottle cap or jar that I can't get open because of my 81-year-old hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home