Saturday, July 13, 2013

It's race season; if you see me say "hi"

Well here it is nearly race season again and I am excited. Not because I am going to be writing my inside-saratoga column. I hung that up two years ago after 25 incredible years.
Do I miss it? Not really. What I do miss the most are the people. You can't write about them for 25 years without having that warm tingly feeling.
I will be attending some of the incredible parties, but as my blog column's name indicates I'm in my "Golden Years" now and each day is an adventure.
However, I will try to attend as many as I can and say hello to as many people who might remember me.
I just got through rummaging my closets to see if I should invest in a few new outfits. One thing I will not change today is my mode of footwear. And I don't want any snide remarks. I just have to wear my comfort sneakers, which enable me to at least walk straight - most of the time. And if you do see me wobbling it's not because I have been drinking too much. For some reason one drink is all I can handle these days.
And anyway my husband is legally blind so I am the designated driver at all times.
But what the heck that is really OK. As far as I'm concerned just being with friends is rewarding enough.
So, if you stand the heat I hope to see you around and please say "hello." I'd love that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home