Thursday, June 27, 2013

Let women do as they wish with their bodies

What is it about getting older? When I was young I wanted to be older. Now that I have reached my later years, I'd like to revert back to being younger.
Something tells me, this is our cycle of life. There are days when I have lots of ambition, but most of the time it's just the opposite.
I look back over the years and remember several of the happenings in my life were unexpected. The most cherished ones were being a stay-at-home Mom of four children - two girls and two boys - in that order.
I was young, in fact in today's standards too young. I married when I had just turned 20 and less than a year later I gave birth to a girl. Eleven and one-half months later, another girl entered our family. Two years after that our first son was born and three years later another son made our family complete. It's a good thing the doctor told me: "Now's the time to stop having babies or it may cause you physical troubles later on."
You see I was a good Catholic girl, who thought I shouldn't use birth control just abstinence, which isn't always easy.
With all the news reports today about women being allowed to do with their bodies what they wish, I understand - really I do.
I'm against abortion, only because I could not abort a pregnancy. But if a woman feels differently, then that's her choice - not the government's.
Now that I look back over my 80 years - almost 61 years married - I wouldn't change a thing. But remember that's me.
What some other woman chooses to do with her life, is her choice not someone else's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home