Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Let's get spring here in a hurry

The older I get the more I dislike winter. I'm cold all the time. I'm scared to death that I will fall. The snow no longer looks pretty to me. What the heck is wrong me?
So, I decided to revert back to when my children were young. I had two girls and two boys. When winter arrived the girls - especially the oldest one - loved to make snow forts complete with roof, windows and shelves. Her sister who is only 11 and 1/2 months younger followed suit.
Today, the oldest still is uniquely talented in so many ways. Not that she's builds snow forts, but she loves to put her talent to work in so many other ways. Her sister not so much, but she has other terrific traits including confidence. Not that the other daughter doesn't but she is more doubting in her abilities. I've often told her I wish I had as much talent as she does.
Now the two boys are different too. The oldest is more interested in how things are put together or develop. He's a go-getter and always has been. And, besides he's always succeeded in whatever  avenue he chose.
His brother, who is three years younger - is nicknamed "Per" short for personality. He also is knowledgeable in many, many ways. He has a good job, but he is satisfied with the "little things" in life. Not that that's so bad.
The bottom line here is that I have two daughters and two sons, who are extremely different people. But they certainly have the same father, whom I have been married to for 60 years.
Of course, in my mind the intelligence comes from their father and their outgoing disposition comes from their mother. I guess I doubt myself too.
I believe these traits are the same in any family. But as I sit here at the computer and look out at the snow that fell last night it just brought back those memories of my daughters building snow forts when they were young.
Here's to a pretty winter, but darn let's get spring here in a hurry.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol | a cup of mascarpone said...

Hi JJ, aka Mom! Just read this post, so ironic...I posted about the exact same thing yesterday...building snow forts and tunnels in the huge snowbanks! What wonderful memories! Do you remember when I brought my bowl in the house that I made out of snow, and asked you to keep it in the freezer? I'm sure there was no room in the freezer, but you lovingly obliged me! :} Warm weather will soon be here, hang in there! xox

March 20, 2013 at 8:49 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home