Friday, October 12, 2012

Change is good; hugs even better

I watched both debates and came away feeling better about what is ahead. I must admit, I'm tired of listening to ads that blast each other rather than say what I want to hear: that the economy, job creations and what is going on around the world has to get better than it has been.
You can tell by the name of this blog: The Golden Years - that I'm not a spring chicken. But sometimes I feel like the younger generation including even family members think we don't have a brain in our heads.
It's amazing how we managed to raise a family, attend all their sports activities, comfort them when they were sick or had a bad day, and even worked outside the home, yet at our age they don't want to listen to anything negative. Maybe it's their way of loving us. I really don't know. But sometimes we need comforting too.
So, I continue to look forward to the future. I've lived a long time and managed to get through whatever was sent our way and I'll expect to follow the same paths as before.
Just once in awhile give me a hug, listen to my feelings when I express them and I'll continue to do the same.
I'll sign off by wishing whoever wins the upcoming elections sincere wisdom in bringing us back to when we didn't have to wonder if families could feed their families, hang onto their homes and be comfortable that their jobs are safe.
And while I'm at it send me a hug or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home