Sunday, August 26, 2012

Wonderful Travers, wonderful city

My hubby just got out of the hospital after a trying week. One thing that did help his recuperation was watching Travers Day from our comfortable chairs.
I wanted to bet a couple of the races, so Augie said he'd take my wagers. It wasn't the same as if I was there, but it certainly made the day a little better for both of us.
I bet four races including the Travers itself, but they are still running. As any good husband would say, you don't need to pay me. But what he doesn't know I would have taken his money if I had won.
When unfortunate things happen you have to make the best of it.
So, no matter what comes your way - and at our ages they seem to come more often - you have to make the best of the situations.
Here's a toast to NYRA and Saratoga Race Course for putting on some of the best races I've see in a long time. And, besides, I love watching the crowds from my family room lounge chair instead of bumping elbows.
Congratulations to one marvelous city and all the goings on that make it wonderful for visitors and  residents. Of course, there are always some who complain about the traffic and busy restaurants.
But instead of complaining we should all be thankful that our economy is going strong, unlike many, many communities that are not.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol | a cup of mascarpone said...

What a nice post! Very nicely said, JJ! :)

August 27, 2012 at 7:15 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home