Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's blueberry pickin' time

A couple a nights ago, we went out with friends to dinner. When they arrived to pick me and my husband up, my friend had a pint of freshly picked blueberries in her hand - not a stem in sight.
She had gone out very early in the morning to pick them at a nearby farm. I knew then I had to come up with a great recipe to use them and I did.
I will share the recipe below, but before I do I want everyone to check out my daughter Carol Jordan Will's new blog called acupofmascarpone.com. She is so talented in every way and her blog is proof of her perfection.
So, as I promised here is my blueberry recipe that I found on allrecipes.com. Sorry, but I'm not that inventive to come up with my own.

Best Ever Blueberry Cobbler

Ingredients:
3 cups fresh blueberries
 3 tblsp. white sugar
1/3 cup orange juice
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg,
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
In an 8-inch square baking dish, mix blueberries, 3 tblsp. sugar and orange juice. Set aside. In a small bowl, thoroughly mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are combined. Drop batter by rounded tablespoons over blueberry mixture. Try to cover as much as possible.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
I served mine with vanilla ice cream on the side. But it is just as good without it.
Enjoy!
And, please remember to check out my daughter's first-ever blog: acupofmascarpone.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home