Sunday, August 12, 2012

Today was a special day - 59 years ago

Today is my first born's birthday. That was 59 years ago and although she looks - obviously - older than she did at birth she's far younger looking than her 59 years. And, that's the truth.
I remember that day so well. At the time, my husband Augie and of course Carol's dad, were living in a small apartment above my parents.
My water broke in the middle of the night and the only thing that came to mind was at last the day has arrived. We didn't know back then whether it was a boy or a girl. We just knew we were excited.
Early morning with just twinges of pain, I came down into my mother's kitchen to tell her she would be a grandmother soon. She was sooo happy. She had also made blueberry muffins. She was a great baker, but since I tried to watch my weight I hadn't eaten much of her goodies during the pregnancy.
I said: "Oh, boy I can have a muffin. In fact, I had two."
Before long, I told my hubby to get ready it was time to go. I really didn't know what to expect. But, I'm proud to say I gave birth without any drugs. Carol Denise Jordan - now Will - weighed 6 lbs. 1 oz. Small compared to today's babies.
But she was the most beautiful little girl you ever saw: dark - almost black - hair with olive skin. She looked just like her daddy. You would never know I had anything to do with it.
Happy birthday my beautiful daughter. You are as beautiful today as you were 59 years ago. The only difference is your mom and dad have aged, but as I said previously it's a day I'll never, never forget.
How could I, you turned out just as any mother and father would have wished for.
Maybe we did have something to do with it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol | a cup of mascarpone said...

Thanks, Mom…what a lovely blog post. I never knew about the blueberry muffins! :) xox Carol

August 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home