Saturday, November 2, 2013

My 5th great-grandchild arrived; I'm so happy

Life is good!! I'm the happiest person right now. Yesterday my fifth great-grandchild arrived. He was supposed to come on my 61st wedding anniversary - Nov. 22 - but he decided he wanted his own day.
How can I not be happy? Now I have three great-granddaughters: Avery Malkowich, Charlotte Will and Kinley Jordan; and two great-grandsons, Hudson Will and now Bryce Dunlap.
The latest arrival came yesterday (Nov. 1) in Indianapolis, In. If you are a Facebook follower you will see his picture with his IU cap on. Why not start him young? His mommy, Lauren, and his daddy, Brian, are both Indiana University grads.
But there is a sad part to this story for me. I don't get to see them very often unless they come to visit me, which sometimes happens during race season. Since great-grandpa is legally blind he refuses to travel anywhere on a plane. It's understandable. I guess I could go by myself, but I don't like travelling alone.
So, in the meantime, I'll keep looking at Facebook to see updates of what is going on not only in my great-grandchildren's lives but in my grandchildren's, as well, not to mention keeping in touch with my children.
Isn't technology wonderful?
Congratulations Lauren and Brian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home