Monday, October 14, 2013

Think positive! Winter's on the way

I don't know what is the matter with me, but I don't want winter to come.
The fall has been so nice except for thousands of leaves that line our driveway and back and front lawns.
My poor husband is out there daily with his leaf blower trying to make a dent in them. It looks beautiful for about one-half day and then they come back with a vengeance. He doesn't seem to mind except he thinks they arrived earlier this year. I'm not sure. All I know it reminds me that winter can't be too far behind.
For about 21 years, my husband and I went to Florida. First for about 3 months, then for 4 months. We owned an end 2-bedroom condo on the first floor on a golf course on the east coast. There were 4 condos in the building each with a condo above. It was sooo nice.
But two years ago my husband became legally blind. So we sold the condo. We had three offers and only three couples look at it. Maybe the price was too low. It was just too difficult to travel and it certainly was too difficult for me to drive around.
If you don't know, Florida traffic is not that easy to handle. At least for me.
So, this will be our third winter being home. Oh, I nestle next to our gas fireplace and try to think positive. I'm too old to learn to ski or skate again. I do some volunteering that gets me out of the house.
As I write this blog, I realize I sound like an old woman. Well, I guess that's what I am. But I don't have to be like that. Do I?
Maybe I'll learn how to ride our snow blower. At least it would help the man of the house.
Happy autumn and an early happy winter season. I'll try to think positive. That really is what life's all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home