Monday, September 23, 2013

Terry Lee deserves my special thanks

I opened up The Saratogian this morning and on the front page was a large picture of a wonderful person that I will call my friend: Terry Lee.
Terry has not been one of my friends that I call up to see if they want to do something or go somewhere. But to me, she has been more than that.
I first met Terry through my work as features editor and eventually society columnist with the paper. There was an instant connection.
But one of my most memorable connections were made when I was a patient - not once, but a couple of times in Saratoga Hospital.
For those who do not know, Terry has been executive director of the Saratoga Hospital Foundation for more years than she probably wants to admit. And, now sadly she is retiring and will, of course, be sorely missed.
During one of my somewhat frequent stays in the heart unit at the hospital, Terry never missed coming to see how I was doing. On one of the most memorable visits Terry came in my room just at the time I started to vomit. She never ran away, but held my head and patted me on the back. I was embarrassed but never forgot her act of kindness.
And, I'm sure it wasn't because we knew each other and were friends. She would have done it for any patient.
These were just acts of kindness that Terry showed over and above making the hospital what it is today.
Terry no matter what direction you take after your retirement at the end of October it will be a success. You deserve everything good in your life. So, now's the time to sit back and relax and know that your friends are near and will do whatever it takes to make your retirement a calm and wonderful one.
No one deserves it more than you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home