Friday, October 25, 2013

Not all people run a fever

At my age thinking up ideas for this blog are not always easy. Really it has nothing to do with age, but I have to blame it on something.
When I was younger and much more energetic all I thought of was what will I do today. That, of course, came after I made the beds, cleaned up the kitchen, did the wash or whatever else needed to be done. Well, now the question is "Do I have a doctor's appointment today?"
OK, I'm exaggerating a little but not entirely. I still volunteer almost every week and I am a member of a garden club. However, this morning I woke up and felt like I was going to pass out.
My doctor had put me on a new blood pressure medication. Forget it! I felt like I had been out all night on a binge. Even though I don't know how that feels but I can imagine.
There is something really weird about me. I have never had a fever in 81 years. Honest! I'm a freak of nature. In 2009, I was admitted to Jupiter Medical Hospital in Florida with double bacterial pneumonia. My blood pressure was over 200 and they immediately did something to get it down, but no fever. The staff couldn't believe it. I told them I never run a fever, but I think they thought I was out of my mind.
This isn't the first time and certainly will not be the last. But they have to believe me.
When something is wrong with me my blood pressure rises, but no fever.
I was in the hospital recently for a few days. At that time my blood pressure shot up, but once I was there and started to have tests it immediately dropped. So much so that the staff was concerned.
However, I always follow my doctor's advice. So when he ordered an additional blood pressure medication I took it.
Forget it. One pill nearly did me in.
It's not fun getting older, but what are my choices. I've had tremendous fun during my latter years. And hope I will continue for more years.
In the meantime I'm going to listen to my body and hope it responds to my commands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home