Friday, January 24, 2014

Who said getting older was a piece of cake?

Guess what? I'm not going to write about the damn cold weather. I'm lucky in a way. I just stay inside unless we have a doctor's appointment or we're running out of food. Ha!
My son, Dan, the only one of my four children who lives nearby says he could grocery shop in my house if he had to. He's probably right.
My husband and I have always loved a bargain. So if steaks that we like are on sale we buy a few not just one. I always have enough of everything unless I'm trying a new recipe and a certain condiment isn't in my cupboard. I'm trying to get out of this habit of buying more than I need but habits are difficult to change.
Many, many years ago I had to buy in surplus because we were raising four children who loved to eat. And, I loved to bake and still do. Cooking not so much.
The only difference is I usually bring the goodies to the (Saratoga Hospital Volunteer Guild's)Treasures' ladies where I volunteer on Tuesdays or bake a cake for someone's birthday. Good habits are hard to change. Or maybe you might say bad habits if you're watching your weight.
I also love the TV show "The Chew" that is on from 1 to 2 p.m. on Channel 10 every day. Yesterday Clinton Kelly (remember him from the "What not to wear" show) made onion soup that I can't wait to try. Since I don't have all the ingredients I have to bundle up and get to the market. So be it!
That's the only - and I mean only - good thing about getting older. You can come and go as you please. All you have to do is hope your aching bones don't flare up like they do most days. I didn't say getting older was the next best thing to a bright, sunny day at the beach.
But you can do as you please. That's for sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home