Monday, April 21, 2014

A colorful Easter topped off by yummy dinner

Well Easter and Passover have been here and gone. What a joy for everyone.
With me it was small but a wonderful gathering: my husband and my son Dan. All the rest of my family 2 daughters and 1 son and their significant others live too far away.
But I'm the type who likes to celebrate regardless. So out came the best china and silverware. My son brought a delectable fresh fruit cup to go with my sour cream mashed potatoes, steamed asparagus  and oregano fresh tomatoes (as fresh as they can be this time of year) with black olives and extra virgin olive oil. The meat course chosen by the two men was strip steaks on the grill. Grilled perfectly by my son.
The dessert consisted of my homemade chocolate cake surrounded by yellow peeps. Delicious!
Before sitting down at the dining room table we watched the Mets beat the Braves and Matt Kuchar (my favorite) win the golf tournament at Hilton Head.
To add to the fun day, I proceeded to wear yellow slacks, a lavender golf shirt and yellow cardigan. And much to my surprise my hubby even put on a yellow golf shirt. All that was lacking was our bunny ears.
Now I'll have to try to outdo myself next year.
Here's hoping everyone had the best holiday as I did. The only thing missing was the rest of the family. However, most of them are planning a visit the opening week of the racetrack. Hurrah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home