Thursday, July 3, 2014

Hitting a bump in the road of 'Golden Years'

Hi everyone. I know it's been awhile, but "The Golden Years" have been acting up again.
I like to remain active, but sometimes nature gets in the way. A little over a week ago I had to make an emergency trek via ambulance to the ER.
Of all things, I was having a massive nose bleed that would not stop. My blood pressure had spiked to a ridiculous high number indicating a problem somewhere. Of course it had to be around midnight. Nothing seems to happen to me in the daytime.
Since I am on a blood thinner because of my heart problems (doesn't it ever cease?) it took a few hours to slow it down. They called in a doctor who had them pack (my nose), which wasn't fun.
I am now on antibiotics for a urinary track infection. And still feel quite lousy. But this too will pass.
I wouldn't bore you with this if I wasn't following the name of this column.
In no way am I saying old age is not fun. It just has a lot of bumps in the road. And, when you've always been an active person it's difficult to accept at times.
In the meantime, I have to hurry up and get better because I have family members coming from across the southern states and western part of New York. Of course, they take over and make themselves at home. I just enjoy their visit.
But it may be hard for them to understand it is more difficult for me to sit back and watch them wait on me and their father.
If any of my friends have an in with the man upstairs will you ask him to get me on a wellness trip.
Thanks!
Everyone have a fun holiday with family and friends. Happy Fourth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home