Sunday, January 1, 2012

What I hope for the new year

The year 2012 has arrived. At midnight I gave my sleepy husband a kiss and then fell into bed next to him. After all we're not spring chickens anymore.
I'm looking forward to the new year with trepidation. This will be the first time in 25 years that I will not cover the social events for The Saratogian. A difficult decision on my part I might add. But, I do hope to attend some parties, anyway.
I'm not much into making New Year resolutions, but I did make a couple. One was that I am more tolerant of comments made by my hubby and family members. I am very sensitive and sometimes I feel like the world is against me. I know it's not true, but everyone has a hangup.
I am also thinking about what I will do with my free time. I'll read more; I hope to volunteer if I'm up to it and join the Heritage Garden Club that does so much good and has a wonderful time doing it.
I know I should have stronger goals than those two, but having all this free time makes me think I should start at home first. Is there anyone out there that doesn't have a closet that needs to be emptied? Or a basement where you can find a deluge of things to bring to the hospital thrift shop?
But before all these resolutions come to life, I will first sit back an enjoy my free time.
Now that I have everything off my chest, I wish everyone I know or don't know a very Happy and Healthy New Year. Peace on Earth Good Will to All!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home