Monday, July 4, 2011

Don't change the Pledge Allegiance

My daughter sent me this item this morning (July 4).
PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!"

MY GENERATION GREW UP RECITING THIS EVERY MORNING IN SCHOOL WITH MY HAND ON MY HEART. THEY NO LONGER DO IT FOR FEAR OF OFFENDING SOMEONE!

LET'S SEE HOW MANY AMERICANS WILL RE-POST THIS & NOT CARE ABOUT OFFENDING SOMEONE.

Isn't it sad that we have to change something that as far as I'm concerned is necessary the way it was originally written. I know, some things must be changed for the better, but to reword the Pledge Allegiance because some feel it may be offensive to someone. C'mon. I am sure the majority doesn't want to see it changed or re-written, but I am only one person. Let me know if you are on my side. Or if you are not then give me your good reason why you disagree.
Today is the Fourth of July. A very patriotic day. Let's all say the Pledge Allegiance the way it was written and wave our flag proudly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused. Are you arguing that the wording mentioned in this post is the original wording? If you are, then you are wrong. The original version, written int the 1890's, excluded the words "under God" (it also didn't have the words "of the United State of America", instead it started "I pledge allegiance to my flag and the republic for which it stands"). The words "under God" were added to the pledge 60 years after the original was written.

August 4, 2013 at 4:45 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home