Friday, September 16, 2011

Remember you're not a computer ID10T

A friend of mine recently sent me an email that I had to share. Unfortunately, it's true for me and maybe some other older folks out there.
In part, here is what it said: "As we Silver Surfers know, sometimes we have trouble with our computers. I had a problem yesterday, so I called Eric, the 11-year-old next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control and asked him to come over.
"Eric clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem. As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong?' " He replied, " It was ID ten T error."
I didn't want to appeared stupid, but nonetheless inquired. An, ID ten Terror" 'What's that? In case I need to fix it again.'
Eric grinned .... Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before? 'No', I replied. "Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it out." So I wrote down:
ID10T.
I used to like Eric, the little ... head!"
Maybe this is a little farfetch, but I remember when I was first learning the computer in my home. I started asking questions of my oldest son, who had no patience with me.
My grandson, who was 5 at the time (he's 26 now) walked into the room and said to his father "Don't yell at Gram. Don't worry Gram I'll show you what to do and he did."
That was a very humbling experience, but remember us older folks used typewriters not the latest technology. But the little ones grew up with computers and today, even more.
So remember you're not an ID10T. They are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home