Monday, December 5, 2011

Sorry, if you think I was a snob!

I read some of the comments in last Sunday's paper following the writeup about be me ending a 25-year career as society writer. Some were very nice, others not so.
I don't recall ever putting someone down with a snide remark. Unfortunately, someone thought I did and for that I am sorry.
As far as me mentioning the people on North Broadway or anyone else that gave hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars, to organizations in need they deserved to be mentioned. It is unfortunate that their are some out there who are envious of those who get written up in a column for being generous.
At no time, and I mean no time, did I intentionally snub someone. If I did please let me know who you are. I am not a miracle worker and do not know every person in our city or those who visit and give so much of their money to our worthy causes.
So, I will accept the slap on the wrist, if I ignored anyone. As I said in the video Sunday, I try to treat everyone the same. However, some do deserve more ink than others for all they do in the community. It's sad when people do not read between the lines what has been said about the givers. There are many of us who are not as wealthy as the ones that give. But God bless them for doing so.
It's too late now, but anyone who came up to me at an event and gave me their name they were put in the writeup not ignored. I am not trying to defend myself, just explain it isn't as easy as it seems.
Why not come forward and try your hand at being a society columnist. You may find out what a joy it was and how it all works.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JJ for all the time I have known you "SNOB"was not a way I would describe you. It would never be in my vocabulary in how I would tell someone about you. You are the warmest, most sincere person that I have met. The old saying "you can please some of th people some of the time, but you cannot please people all of the time". 99.999% of the time you have entertained us with a column of interest and I could not find any of that negative comment that someone said about you. Please stay the way you are. It is what we love about you.

January 1, 2012 at 7:44 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home