Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The memories of Christmas; the joys of children's faces

Christmas in Sunday and if all goes well I will be in East Amherst at my daughter's and son-in-law's home. It will be filled with joy. My grandson is coming with Suzanne and baby Avery, 1-years old. They live in Denver so it will be my first meeting with my great-granddaughter.
My granddaughter Lauren and her hubby Brian are arriving from Indianapolis. I haven't seen them in more than a year. Lauren loves to bake cookies and has at least 8 different kinds planned. Her mom did dozens and I have a cookie tin filled. Wow!
I am so excited.
It makes me think back to when my four children, Carol, Donna, Paul and Dan were growing up. My husband and I waited until they finally went to sleep, which was not early on Christmas night, mind you, before we'd start to put doll carriages, bikes, and so forth together. We just about put our heads on our pillows and they were up ready to see if Santa arrived.
My mom and dad were always at the door to watch them open gifts. Our tree always looked nice even if there was a few empty spots here and there.
Most of the ornaments were homemade in school and always looked just right. In fact, I still have most of them. At least the ones that didn't fall about with age.
I think just about everyone has there favorite family memories. And, no matter how old I get they'll always be with me.
So, at this time I wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Kwanza.
Love to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home