Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The white stuff is nature's fertilizer

First it was the color-tinged leaves falling to the ground - not just a few but a deluge of them. Now, once again I look out my computer room window it is the white stuff. And it doesn't look that pretty to me.
However, I try to think about when I was a child, which, of course, was many, many years ago. I complained because my mother said I couldn't go out and play in the new fallen snow because it was too wet.
But my father made me feel a little better with his explanation and I have never forgotten it. "That's nature's fertilizer," he explained. "God always sends us just enough to seep into the ground to make sure our grass is greener next spring." Naturally, I believed him and honestly I think he was right.
But still when it was as slushy and slippery as it was on Monday,I have a difficult time thinking about next spring. I think it might be time to head to Florida in a few weeks.
However, I hope I don't get snowed in before then. But if I do, I can see if our lawn comes up greener than ever in the spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home