Thursday, September 16, 2010

Stop the darn candidates' phone calls

I don't think it is an age thing, but I am so fed up with getting phone calls from candidates looking for our votes.
When I'm home I like to answer my phone and not rely on my answering machine. There have been a time or two when nature called and the phone rang. Needless to say, I scurried to the phone only to find out it was a taped message. I hung up immediately.
You are wasting my time - as well as your own - thinking we are listening, especially when it is taped. I would much rather read about what you stand for.
Another gripe I have - maybe I am a crusty, ill-tempered old lady - is a candidate or an incumbent, who tries to take all the credit for passing a bill or in the recent case, getting the VLTs to fruition. Just how dumb do you think we are. I, for one, am not buying it.
I wish you'd think twice about the phone calls or trying to tell us you singlehandedly got people jobs or other items passed that we have been hoping for.
Have you ever heard someone say: "No man (or woman) is an island?" Am I alone in my thinking? Let me know your viewpoints, I'd be interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home