Sunday, August 22, 2010

'Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.'

Comedian George Burns once said: "You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old."
Another favorite of mine is: "Growing old is inevitable, growing UP is optional."
There isn't a day goes by that we don't have an ache or pain somewhere. There are two things you can do, live with it and carry on or sit in a chair waiting for the inevitable.
I'm not saying there aren't days when it is too difficult to get the body moving, but there are others with a little effort you can be out and about.
I know of some people, a few years younger than me, that do nothing but complain. After awhile it wears on your nerves. You want to shake them up and say "get over it," we all feel the same most days.
Don't get me wrong, I can be sympathetic, with just cause. I am really not a hard person. But when I constantly complain I hate myself. So if I do, how must others feel about me?
Put a smile on your face. Don't complain too much. And, surprisingly you'll feel better. Try it, you'll like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home