Friday, August 13, 2010

The importance and humor side to walking

Often I receive an email or a note from a reader, who knows I write this blog. This one was a gem. Here's a good belly laugh to start your day.
I like taking long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
My grandpa started walking five miles a day when he was 60. Now he's 97 and we don't know where the hell he is.
The only reason I would take up walking is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.
Every time I hear the dirty word "exercise," I wash my mouth out with chocolate.
I know I got a lot of exercise the last few years ... just getting over the hill.
We all get heavier as we get older, because there's a lot more information in our heads. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
And, this is the best. Every time I start thinking too much about how I look, I just find a "happy hour" and by the time I leave, I look just fine.
Come on let's all go out for a walk. The results are wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home