Sunday, July 25, 2010

Forget meds; laughter is your best medicine!

When you reach those Golden Years, you expect everything should be wonderful. Actually, it is.
Most of us have more money than we did when we were raising our children. But then came college, weddings, births of grandchildren and great-grandchildren and constant doctors' visits. And we're back to square one. No money.
Almost every day I get an email or a note from a friend or acquaintance, who knows I write this blog. So, I figured I'd share some of what they have written and hopefully it will make you laugh like it did me. After all, laughter is your best medicine.
No. 1 on my list follows: Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my shape to keep. Please no wrinkles. Please no bags. And please lift my butt before it sags. Please no age spots. Please no grey. And as for my belly, please take it away. Please keep me healthy. Please keep me young, and thank you dear Lord for all that you've done.
No. 2: The 5 pounds you wanted to lose is now 15 and you have a better chance of losing your keys than the 15 pounds.
No. 3: Remember when your mother said "Wear clean underwear in case you get into an accident." Now you bring clean underwear in case you HAVE an accident. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home