Sunday, July 11, 2010

Here are the 'Bare Facts' about Ed Lewi

Ed and Maureen Lewi have decided to retire from their highly successful marketing and communications firm.
I know for a fact, Maureen is more eager than Ed to retire. She claims she would like to play golf three times a week, and even try her hand in the kitchen now and then. Since they nary had a free day, the couple usually went out for dinner. Maybe it would be nice to stay home for a change.
Now here is the reason for this blog. I love these two. Early on, they took a somewhat timid (hard to believe, but true) society columnist and encouraged her to become what she is today, whatever that may be.
We also became friends. Ed has a wonderful wit - something he probably picked up from his good friend, John Hendrickson, who had me flustered for quite some time until I realized I was being taken.
I want to recall one thing that happened between me and Ed that he has never let me forget. Just as John calls me "Scoop;" Ed calls me "Bare Facts. And this is why.
As any reporter knows, occasionally you get a writers' block. When it does, it is paramount that when something good pops into your head you must jot it down immediately before it escapes the brain.
Well, I was at a gathering with Ed and Maureen and several others when John decided to tell a few comical stories. Not to be outdone, my husband jumped in with one about me. I was amazed because it is so unlike him. But here it is anyway.
I had just climbed out of the shower when something worth writing came into my head. I ran to the computer in the buff and jotted down my thoughts. If you can visualize that sight, you can understand why my husband said: "For heavens sake, what are you doing?"
After everyone stopped laughing, Ed came up with a name that still sticks today, "Bare Facts." Now you will understand how I will miss these two so much. And I'll never forget the name that was given to me in jest, but has always made me feel endeared by Ed. I will miss all the times we worked together and hopefully our friendship will never fade.
You are both my favorite people. Have a good life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home