Friday, June 4, 2010

Welcome to The Golden Years

Golden Years! What the heck does it mean? Maybe it is anyone past the age of 65, or 70, or 75. All I know I am in the latter age group and I have often wondered if others have the same complaints and gripes as I do. So I decided to find out.

Anyone of you can let me know what’s on your mind. Just email me at jjordan@saratogian.com.

Now here’s one of my predicaments. In about a week or so I’m heading to Indianapolis for my granddaughter’s wedding. She asked me and her grandfather to wear a gown and a tuxedo. Fine.

Ok, so in order to look my best I headed to the department store to buy Spanx. For those who don’t know what they do, they’re supposed to suck in all that added blubber around your middle. I was out-of-breath by the time I wiggled into them. Then I wondered what I would do when nature called. I could just see me trying to get them off without tinkling down my leg.

“Forget it” I said and left the store without them. I’ll take my chances with a little extra blubber around my middle.

“The Golden Years are here at last. The Golden Years can kiss my (you fill it in).” More on the subject in a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home