Monday, July 5, 2010

Where did all my knowledge go?

I've lived a long time through many ups and downs and I don't mean in my marriage. I'm talking about several wars, several trials and tribulations, and still came out with what I thought was a lot of knowledge.
But sometimes I wonder. When my four children were growing up, they hung on my every word and looked to me and their father for all the answers - in their early years, anyway. But now that they have all grown up, graduated from college and have their own successful lives, I no longer feel their need. Maybe I need a therapist.
Of course, we always wanted them to be independent and successful. However, we still would like them to think we've learned quite a bit over the years. And could still offer an intelligent word or two if asked.
Just remember, some day you'll be in your "Golden Years" and may wish your children wanted some of your knowledge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home