Monday, August 2, 2010

Waving a flag for our "Queen of Saratoga"

I have been writing society columns for at least 25 years and have covered hundreds, maybe thousands, of events.
The mass majority of them raise money for charitable organizations. Without the support from both summer people and our own local residents, the organizations would have a difficult time meeting some of their goals. Think about that when you might complain.
A few - and I said few - will mention they don't care about socialite Marylou Whitney giving a luncheon or party. Yet, they must read "Inside Saratoga" to find out she had one.
I must come to Whitney's defense although I know she would never want me to. If the complainers knew how much financial good she has done for our community since the 1960s they may think twice before criticizing.
She always employs local help whether for one of her parties or just to run her household.
We may not be able to do what she does financially, but we can sure as heck support her in her generosity to the community. Or donate our time to help out others in need.
I will continue to wave my flag for Marylou Whitney and any other person who donates to these worthy organizations.
And thank God we have such a terrific lady living in our city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home