Saturday, September 4, 2010

Check the circumstances before complaining

For anyone who knows me, I look on the good side of everything, especially when it comes for a fund-raising event.
I recently wrote about the Travers Celebration, which by the way raised at least $100,000 for B.E.S.T. and Double H Ranch for critically-ill children. I have a difficult time saying anything nasty about a fundraiser. And, it's not my age. I've always been that way.
As far as I'm concerned the Travers gala was absolutely beautiful; the dancing to The Times Square Orchestra was incredible; and the food, although not as good as other years, wasn't as bad as a couple of comments at the end of my online Inside Saratoga column.
One person said that four people at their table got sick on the lobster salad. I ate it too, but I didn't get sick. Unfortunately, I didn't know until after the party that there was a reason for the change from the track's Centerplate to Angelo Mazzone.
I heard right from the horse's mouth that Mazzone took over the menu at the last minute due to unexpected circumstances. "The only slack we cut for Angelo was the fact that he inherited the menu and the food that had already been ordered. It is difficult for a chef to take someone else's menu and have absolutely no creative input, especially with only four days notice. It was truly an unfortunate circumstance," wrote one the people who was involved.
So, sometimes we have to swallow and think twice before actually commenting until we know the reason.
I, for one, had a wonderful time and enjoyed the perfectly done filet mignon. Please don't cross it off your gala list next year. All the organizations need our support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home