Friday, October 1, 2010

The food industry is fooling you!

I vowed I would never be a grouchy old lady, but I am steaming right now. I am fed up with what is going on in the food industry.
My husband likes kilbasa and sauerkraut and I always bought a certain brand - Hillshire Farms. When I saw it was on sale I decided to buy it. Gee, I said to myself, it looks smaller than usual. Well guess what, it was. It is now 14 oz. instead of a pound, but the price is still the same. Who do they think they're fooling? First it was coffee that went to 14 oz. instead of a pound; then tuna fish is now packed in 1 and 1/2 oz. smaller cans. And even most ice creams have less volume.
I'm fed up. The government keeps telling us inflation is going down and we were also told the reason our Social Security didn't go up this year was because there was no inflation. Don't they ever go shopping? Fortunately, I can afford it, but what about families with children.
Please stop trying to fool us by giving us less for our bucks.
And while I'm at it I'm going to add a couple more gripes. Have you noticed the little seals they stick on fresh peppers and some fruits? They are so difficult to get off without digging into the produce. Also, every time I buy a can of cleanser to use in my bathroom I can't get the top off. I usually put my husband to work on it and then I just leave it off forever. Recently, I bought a brush free bowl cleaner and neither of us could get the top off.
It's about time merchants started thinking about who is buying their products. I know I'm in my Golden Years, but it's not just me that complains.
I'm going to put my foot down and not buy the products that don't let us know they are reducing the amount, but are still charging the same.
Let's all take a stand, maybe it will help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home