Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Some days you should stay in bed

Some days you shouldn't get out of bed. Yesterday was one of those days. I knew it wasn't going to go right when I got into the shower and turned it on before moving away. Yep! I wasn't planning to wash my hair, but I had to at that point.
After I climbed out of the shower I picked up my toothbrush from the nearby stand and accidently dropped it into the toilet. A new brush was in order. As if that wasn't enough I pulled out my arthritis cream and didn't look. After all, it was the same white container and same size as my moisturizer. You guess it, I had some on my face before I realized what I had done. OK, I thought maybe I should go back to bed and start over. Thank God, I usually don't have those kind of days.
When I got down to the kitchen, I laughed although I admit I was almost in tears. What the heck was wrong with me. I hope it was just an unusual happenstance and not the norm. Otherwise I'd start to think I'm getting too old and I don't ever want to think that.
But there was a lesson in all of this. Check the shower knob before turning it on; make sure the toilet seat is down when you decide to brush your teeth; and keep your arthritis cream in a separate draw away from your moisturizer.
I hope when I get up tomorrow I pay a little more attention to what I am doing so I won't burn my toast or drop my egg on the floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home