Friday, November 26, 2010

No cooking tonight and I am so thankful

I just read Barbara Lombardo's blog about Thanksgiving and parts of it brought tears to my eyes. I, too, have so much to be thankful for: a great husband, four adult children, five adult grandchildren, one 2-year-old great-grandson and one expected the first part of December. Now that is really what there is to be thankful for.
But as far as Thanksgiving day, I was especially thankful that my Stove Top dressing turned out great. If you read my previous blog you'll see the reason why I used Stove Top. To make it extra special I mixed one box of turkey dressing with one box of cranberry dressing and chicken stock instead of water. It was done in five minutes. Another year I will try adding already cooked sausage (crumbled) and I bet I will have another winner.
My turkey was great and when I added the homemade turkey gravy over the mashed potatoes and boxed dressing no one really knew.
Now that I have enough turkey leftovers, I am ready to indulge again. Tonight I will have a repeat performance of Thanksgiving dinner and I am really thankful for that.
And next year, I'll let you know how the Stove Top turned out with the added crumbled sausage. Or maybe I'll experiment beforehand just to be sure I don't have another disaster.
Now bring on the rest of the holidays that will bring family and friends together and smiles on everyone's faces. And, I don't need to make dressing this time. That I am thankful for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home