Sunday, November 2, 2014

Only 10 tiny 'Halloweeners' showed up

I used to like Halloween until I got older - in my 80s that is. But I still look forward to seeing the little ones dressed up.
I had two bags of candy ready, but thought that might not be enough. So off I went to CVS to get another bag. This time I bought Reese's Peanut Butter Cups because if they didn't all go my husband and I could eat them.
Well, the lights were on. The fake pumpkin was swinging on the light pole and now we were ready. I did know the kids in our small neighbor were growing up, but there may be more I didn't know about this year. Last year we only had about 24 stop by. But you have to be ready. The doorbell rang at 5:30 p.m. My husband said they're starting early this year. I was on "open the door duty" while he was taking over the cooking chores. I opened up the door and there were two mommies and daddies and 4 or 5 (I forgot) small kids. They put out there bags and I tossed a Snicker's bar into each one. Then the moms and dads said "Say thank you." In unison, they all did except for the littlest one who really didn't know what the heck was going on.
Well, the bottom line was five more youngsters came to the door and that was the end of it.
I was kinda disappointed but I still had the Reese's Peanut Butter cups and another bag of Snickers left.
And if I waited,  Walmart's had all its candy bars at 50 percent off the next day. But I thought twice about buying it. First, they wouldn't keep until next Halloween and they'd be too tempting for me and my husband.
So, 10 children showed up. And, I thought next year I won't buy so many candy bars. You guessed it, probably then 40 will knock on my door in 2015. Isn't that how it works.
A belated "Happy Halloween" to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home