Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Too cold for pool aerobics

Here I am in sunny Florida. Ha! Sunny, yes, warm no! We have been here for a week today and in that time the sun has shown six of the seven days. But the temps have hovered in the low 50s and even lower during the night.
Last night we turned on the heat for the second time in 20 years of owning this condo in Jupiter. We're promised warmer weather soon.
Who said there was global warming? If there is I'd like a little of it, please.
But no one around here has forgotten the season. Everyone decorates and some neighborhoods try to outdo one another. On most street corners are live Christmas trees for sale. I know it's cold, but how do they prevent shedding when it warms up.
Last year was cool, too. If it doesn't change soon I'm going to rethink my winter stay to somewhere else that might offer me swimming weather.
Our condo association was to start pool aerobics this season. I was all set, new bathing and all. I know its only Dec. 14th, but I'm raring to go.
Instead I'll do what I did yesterday, make cookies. But if I keep making them I won't fit into the new bathing suit and it won't matter if it warms up.
I'll keep you posted or maybe I'll find a better hobby than baking cookies. But my neighbors like them and so does my husband, who would never take pool aerobics, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home